Losing a tooth or teeth is never easy.
Here at Beverley House, we understand just how much missing teeth can impact a person’s everyday life, and those who are long-term denture wearers will also be familiar with some of the ailments faced by those with missing teeth. Dental implants are arguably, one of the most significant dental treatments ever to exist. This truly transformative way of replacing missing teeth can completely revitalise your smile, your everyday tooth function and your confidence.
Dental implants are amazing – here’s why
There are multiple reasons why dental implants are thought of as the gold standard in tooth replacement. They’re a fixed and permanent treatment that restore your smile to its former glory. Unlike dentures, dental implants stay securely in place, allowing you to eat the foods you love and if you’ve had missing teeth for a while, you will notice just how easy it is to chew and speak again, once your implant and restoration (the tooth-like element) have been surgically inserted and secured.
Another crucial benefit of implants over dentures is their ability to keep your facial structures intact. It’s common for those who have multiple missing teeth to suffer from hollow cheeks and a protruding chin, as teeth play a vital role in supporting the jawbone. Just like any other part of the body, it’s a ‘use it or lose it’ dilemma; when a tooth is lost, parts of the jawbone becomes redundant and shrinks away, triggering aesthetic changes to the face.
What else should I know about dental implants?
Dental implants comprise of three main elements. These are:
- The implant: which replaces the missing tooth root.
- The restoration: the aesthetic and functional part of the tooth, such as a single crown, a bridge containing multiple crowns, or a set of secured dentures.
- An abutment: the connective element that fastens the restoration together with the implant.
Treatments involve surgically inserting the implants into the jawbone and waiting a period of months, whilst your tissues and bone grow around it. Once the area has healed, a bespoke restoration (dentures, a bridge or a crown) is placed on top to give a beautifully restored smile. Here at Beverley House, we’re highly experienced at placing implants, a procedure that has a success rate of over 97%.
Here at Beverley House, we offer a variety of implant-based treatments, including:
- Single implants: to replace a single missing tooth. The sooner you replace a single missing tooth, the more likely you are to preserve neighbouring teeth and protect against the risk of gum disease.
- Implant bridges: to replace most or all of your natural teeth. Implant bridges use multiple implants to stabilise a custom-made bridge, and are the most effective treatment for replacing several missing teeth. They offer excellent stability for your smile.
- All-on-4, All-on-6 and All-on-8: to replace most or all of your natural teeth. The ‘All-on’ treatments work by using a limited number of implants to secure a custom made, permanent and fixed bridge. It’s up to you how many implants you decide on – we offer 4, 6 and 8 to suit a variety of budgets. One of the most notable benefits of the All-on system is only a single appointment is required to secure a whole arch of teeth.
- Implant retained dentures: to replace most or all of your natural teeth. Unlike implant bridges, implant-retained dentures are removable, but still, ensure your jawbone remains healthy in the long term and offer a good level of stability.
During your appointment, we’ll talk you through these options in further detail and explain the benefits of each.
How will this treatment benefit me?
Back to Dental Implants
- Find your love of smiling again: missing teeth and the effects of loose dentures can wear down your self-esteem and wellbeing. Dental implants return your ability to perform everyday functions like eating, smiling, kissing and laughing, with confidence.
- Support your jawbone: protect your jawbone from shrinking away through lack of stimulation.
- Custom made restorations: we will create beautiful bespoke restorations that suit your smile and facial anatomy.
- A wide range of choice Beverley House: we offer multiple dental implant-based treatments to suit the needs and budgets of our patients.
- Nobel Biocare Dental Implants at Beverley House: the implants we use are from globally renowned implant manufacturer, Nobel Biocare.